Leaks and rumors leading up to Sunday’s unveiling of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge suggest that Samsung may be going back to what it does best in 2015. The Galaxy S6 is shaping up to be some sort of mashup between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6, with an all metal and glass housing that takes cues from both Apple phones.”
When Samsung unveiled its Galaxy S5 at Mobile World Congress, suddenly 2014’s most anticipated smartphone left enthusiasts yawning, especially because it lacked many of its reported features. It’s never a good idea for a company to pre-announce upcoming devices because it generally kills sales of current devices.”
Samsung hopes the Galaxy S6 will be a game changer for the company. Here are some of the specs, as found on GSMArena, that will make smartphone lovers drool:
- Super AMOLED, 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution screen
- Processor: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A57
- Internal memory: 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Camera: 20 MP, 4992 х 3744 pixels, optical image stabilization
- Paypal certified fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 5.64 x 2.79 x 0.27 in
- IP67 certified – dust and water resistant
There is still no official official word on whether or not the Galaxy S6 will be compatible with Samsung’s Gear VR virtual reality headset. If it is compatible, Samsung will need to include some type of adapter since the Galaxy S6 is smaller than the Galaxy Note 4, which fits perfectly into the Gear VR headset.
Are you going to buy Samsung’s Galaxy S6? Let us know in the Comments section.